Eezy.com is a rapidly growing freemium stock marketplace, whose mission is to make beautiful graphic resources available to everyone, everywhere. We currently serve millions of monthly active users, from 150+ countries in 7 languages.
We're growing our team and we're looking for great developers who would love the opportunity to join us full time Remote, or in our Bowling Green, KY office. We’re looking for Engineers with deep commercial Ruby experience, who have built high traffic applications, and that like working in cross-functional teams.
You'd be primarily doing backend Ruby on Rails work, but we also expect that you're pretty comfortable working on the full stack. We'd expect you know how to write well isolated tests, you value pragmatic design, want to easily deploy to production and care about writing good software.
Our sites receive a high amount of traffic each month. If you're interested we'd love to give you a role in our company that strives for technical excellence, is relaxed, lets you work from home in your own environment.
- Writing clean, well thought out and reliable code.
- Lead small, functionally oriented projects containing team members with different skills and levels of knowledge.
- You'll work on big projects as well as small maintenance tasks that support our marketing efforts.
- Working with the rest of the team to ensure we ship quickly and reliably to production.
- At least three full years experience with Ruby on Rails or equivalent open source frameworks.
- Ability to work with a team in a typical software development process
- Ability to architect features and components in a maintainable and scalable way
- Extensive understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Working understanding of MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with the open source world, especially rubygems and Github. Open source contribution a huge plus.
- Excellent online communication skills (Slack, email).
- Ability to ease self into an existing codebase instead of having to always rewrite everything immediately.
- Willingness to evaluate existing solutions/gems for applicability instead of just jumping instantly on the latest fad (unless it really is better, of course!)
- Ability to see the “big picture” and implement solutions that fit into the existing architecture.
- Have strong, self-informed opinions when it matters.