You need to have a great eye for design details and have a good sense for user interaction. You will be making lots of design decisions as you are writing the front-end code, so you need to be someone who is constantly paying attention to UI design. You will be working with designers who provide pixel-precise mockup, and Rails developers who give you the framework you need to hang your front-end works of art.
To be successful at this job, you need to:
- have excellent knowledge of the latest in HTML and CSS in producing browser-compliant code that is precise and maintainable.
- enjoy the process of turning user interface design into precise layouts, and write the code necessary for great user interaction.
- have working knowledge of Rails. You don’t need to be an expert on models and controllers, but will be working intimately with Rails view templates, asset pipeline, and integrating your view code with controllers and routes.
- care about producing beautiful code, and know when to refactor.
- be very comfortable using Git or similar source control software.
- be comfortable with developing on the command line.
- be detail-oriented
- work efficiently and be pragmatic
- deliver complete product, not half-baked code
The perks of working with us are:
- you get to work anywhere, although you have to be accountable and be responsive to daily communications and deadlines.
- you can work on a full technology stack, and can either move closer toward the back-end or toward the user interface, depending on your interest.
- there are a variety of projects that you can take full ownership on; you will not be stuck working on one thing.
How to apply:
Contact us and lets chat :) Start by telling us what your favorite food is and why you are a front-end developer. Please provide links to sample of your work so we know what you are capable of.Apply for this job