Eezy is a fast-paced, high-growth tech company headquartered in Bowling Green, KY. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and on a mission to make the world a more beautiful place by simplifying the creative process for everyone. Over 5 million people visit our websites each month to download stock vectors, videos, photos, and other types of design assets. We put emphasis on our G.A.R.D.E.N. core values because after all, we are in this together.
We’re looking for our first Product Owner with 2+ years of experience to join our team. You’ll manage the workflow from end-to-end for a variety of features, tasks and applications from inception to launch. You’ll be collaborating with the stakeholders and the development team while ensuring they receive clear direction regarding their tasks and priorities.
This role is for someone who has an aptitude for developing and maintaining project plans, monitoring the quality and timeliness of all deliverables, assigning staff resources, and ensuring adherence to project timelines and budgets. If complex or unusual technical problems arise, you will actively use your knowledge and experience to guide the team.
This is a full-time position. We are open to the possibility of remote, but ideally we would like you to be working in our corporate headquarters in Bowling Green, KY if possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help define, facilitate and continuously optimize the team’s development process using Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and operational teams to identify project requirements and and keep them updated on the status throughout the development cycle.
- Help the team resolve issues before they cause schedule delays, and discuss them with stakeholders to clear blockers.
- Ensure tickets are written according to the project requirements requested from the stakeholder and has well documented and acceptance criteria.
- Act as our historian by helping us keep our internal documentation up to date with an accurate picture of what has happened and what’s to come.
- Keep our path to the future free of debris: as our product backlogs change, work with the Product Manager to keep our product backlog relevant.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner in the software industry.
- Experience helping multiple teams optimize and adapt their development process to succeed for different personalities and needs.
- A deep understanding of the entire lifecycle of the engineering and development process.
- Excellent communications skills. You can weigh tradeoffs and have discussions with developers on the nuances of complex engineering systems in order to push the project forward.
- An ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other team members. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard and don’t let details slip.
- Experience with different software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
- Familiarity with tools that can help our team move quickly and make informed decisions: Trello, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for maintaining a sustainable software development process where Product, Design, Engineering all work together in harmonious bliss.
- Excellent leadership skills. You’re optimistic but realistic. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass on praise.
- Experience effectively working with remote team members and business partners.
How to apply:
Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. We also need to know what your favorite food is so let us know!