We are seeking an Art Director to provide direction to our large team of illustrators. As our Art Director, your artistic vision will be the driving force behind the content moving our business forward, like vector graphics, illustrations, and icons. Our content also includes Photoshop-related resources, such as actions, textures, patterns, and brushes.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating our team of in-house designers, as well as our large network of freelancers and the work they produce daily. Critiquing the teams’ work will be an important aspect of your daily role within the company, so excellent communication skills are required. Additionally, a passion for cutting-edge design, modern techniques, and popular trends will be crucial to your success.
You will assist in managing a team responsible for creating the visual elements our community seeks. The team's goal focuses on helping users find elements they need with the least amount of effort.
This position is full-time, and the ideal candidate will be based in Bowling Green, KY. However, we are open to a remote position, depending on the circumstances.
- Drive the creative process and empower everyone around you by providing focused and inspiring creative direction.
- Define the creative process: creative strategy, asset production schedule, pipelines and workflows.
- Act as an inspirational leader for the creative, product, and technical teams
- Communicate closely with creative team members and engineering to execute on the vision
- Monitoring the quality of finished art produced by internal and freelance artists.
- Informing and advising the CEO and/or COO the status of the departmental affairs.
- Building lasting relationships with the creative team to better understand their needs.
- Oversee the creative department workload and schedule, working with designers to time manage projects throughout the month.
- Oversee the process of examining and approving finished designs
- Engaging in any personal development necessary to stay current.
- Remaining educated on design styles, & trends
- Selecting and directing qualified photographers and illustrators.
- Identifying bottlenecks in our processes and suggest new solutions to accomplish internal goals.
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, with precise attention to detail